The purpose of this programme is to provide social relief to families in need especially those that are child headed. The relief comes in the form of blankets, mattresses, foam sponges as well as school uniforms to deserving children.
In 2014/15, the CDC in partnership with FAW SA distributed school uniforms to 300 learners in the Motherwell and Wells Estate areas as well as to 53 learners from the Grogro Informal Settlement near Kragga Kamma. Also through this programme, the CDC managed to donate the following:
- 50 blankets and mattresses to Community Chest in Port Elizabeth;
- 30 blankets to St. Stephens Church in New Brighton for the destitute families around the area;
- 30 blankets to Animal Welfare Society;
- 30 blankets to an Educare Centre in Grogro Informal Settlement;
- 5 Wheelchairs donated to elderly people in Grogro Informal Settlement;
- 2 Wheelchairs donated to Driver Training trainees who were in need of new wheelchairs; and
- 10 Wheelchairs handed over to the Alfred Nzo District Municipality for the Social Assistance Programme.
Through this programme, CDC assets such as furniture, building materials and household items are recycled and donated to communities.